FEMA is providing financial assistance for COVID-19-related funeral expenses incurred on or after January 20, 2020. Like other federal assistance, these funds cannot be used in duplication of other programs. Click here on FEMA COVID-19 Funeral Assistance for guidance and eligibility requirements and types of services funded. Instructions on how to apply for this assistance through FEMA’s dedicated helpline at 1-844-684-6333 can also be found on the website.
CA COVID-19 RENT & UTILITY RELIEF: This is for rent owed to your landlord or utility companies due to covid-19 impacts. Visit www.HousingIsKey.com, Call 833-430-2122 or text the word “RENT” to 211-211.
Digital Copy of Your Vaccination Record: If you were vaccinated in California, go to the Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record portal to get a link to your QR code and digital copy of your COVID-19 vaccination record.
General COVID-19 Updates
- Omicron: Case rates are decreasing, though the Omicron surge is not quite over in Santa Cruz County. Vaccinations and boosters remain the best defense against the virus.
- California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Changes Masking Requirements. Unvaccinated individuals are no longer required to mask in indoor public settings. Indoor masking is strongly recommended for all people, regardless of vaccination status. Masking remains required in certain settings, including public transit, emergency and homeless shelters, healthcare, correctional facilities, and long-term care & adult and senior care facilities. After March 1, masks will no longer be required in K-12 schools and childcare but strongly recommended.
- California Releases SMARTER Plan: Next Phase of State’s COVID Response. SMARTER stands for: shots, masks, awareness, readiness, testing, education, and Rx (treatment). The plan focuses on managing the reality that COVID will remain for the foreseeable future. Click here for more information.
- Federal Continuation of the National Emergency Concerning the Pandemic. Click here to view the presidential action.
- Watsonville OptumServe COVID-19 testing site moved. New location: 500 Westridge Dr., Watsonville. Hours: Wed-Sun, 7am-6:45pm (closed 11am-12pm & 4pm-5pm). To make an appointment, visit lhi.care/covidtesting.
- Virtual Assistant (VA) Contact Tracing. Contact tracers are doing all that they can to help prevent the spread of COVID. If you receive a text message from the phone number 23393, it’s the California COVID-19 Response Team reaching out to get important information about a possible case or exposure. The link in the text goes to a secure website run by the State of California. Please visit our website for more information.
- CDPH Guidance for Child Care Providers and Programs. Click here for updated guidance.
- CDPH Amends Health Orders Regarding Vaccine Requirement for Certain Workers. The orders now allow workers with vaccine requirements to delay booster dose by up to 90 days after March 1 if they completed their primary series and had a recent COVID infection. Click to view each health order: Health Care Worker Vaccine Requirement, State and Local Correctional Facilities and Detention Centers Health Care Worker Vaccination Requirement, Adult Care Facilities and Direct Care Worker Vaccine Requirement.
- CDPH Amends Order Regarding Requirements for Visitors in Acute and Long-Term Care Settings. Visitors are no longer required to show proof of a negative test unless they are unvaccinated or incompletely vaccinated. Click here to view the order.
COVID-19 Vaccine Updates
- Booster Shots Now Available to Everyone 18 and Older. Individuals can receive a booster 6 months after the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series or 2 months after Johnson & Johnson. To make an appointment, visit myTurn.ca.gov or santacruzhealth.org/coronavirusvaccine. For more information, visit covid19.ca.gov.
- Testing and Vaccine Clinics. Please check the website for holiday closures or changes at specific testing and vaccine locations.
- Free Rides to your Vaccine/Testing Appointment: Call or Text United Way 211 at 831-316-4310 for a free Lyft ride.
- Vaccination Scheduling Assistance Help Lines:
- Call Community Action Board 831-440-3556.
Help provided in English, Spanish, Mixteco and Triqui.
- Bilingual Helpline Call Community Bridges 831-219-8607
- Assistance in Watsonville: Call 831-768-3279
- Individuals who are homebound can fill out this survey to get the vaccine or call Community Bridges 831-219-8607 for help filling out the survey.
- Call Community Action Board 831-440-3556.
- SANTA CRUZ COUNTY EXPANDS TESTING CAPACITY
- For a list of local testing sites, go to https://www.santacruzhealth.org/coronavirus and click on “Get Tested.”
- Evictions and Legal Aid:
- If you receive an eviction notice, sign the COVID-19 Financial Distress Declaration and deliver a copy to your landlord. (English / Spanish)
- If an eviction lawsuit is filed or you receive eviction papers with a court seal, refer to legal aid/ an attorney immediately.
- For Local Legal Help Call:
- Financial/ Rental Assistance: Learn more about rental, financial, and basic needs assistance you may qualify for at your local resource center: Community Bridges, Community Action Board, Catholic Charities, Valley Churches United
- Get help paying for PG&E Bills
General Covid-19 Information
Visit the Public Health Coronavirus Website, including the Signs and Media Library, Employer Webpage, and Informacion en Espanol, for the latest information, updates, and guidance related to COVID-19. Follow us on social media: Visit Santa Cruz County Public Health on Facebook and Instagram for daily updates.
Health Services Agency COVID-19 Information & Updates
Save Lives Santa Cruz County
COVID-19 United Way Resource Page
COVID-19 Information for Employers