COVID-19 Vaccine Updates
CA COVID-19 RENT & UTILITY RELIEF: This is for rent owed to your landlord or utility companies due to covid-19 impacts. Visit www.HousingIsKey.com, Call 833-430-2122 or text the word “RENT” to 211-211.
Digital Copy of Your Vaccination Record: If you were vaccinated in California, go to the Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record portal to get a link to your QR code and digital copy of your COVID-19 vaccination record.
SEPTEMBER Bilingual Family Resource Calendar – click here
Need a ride to your Vaccine Appointment? Call 831-316-4310 for a free Lyft coupon.
General COVID-19 Updates
- Revised Masking Guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The CDC has revised their masking guidance for fully vaccinated individuals. Individuals should wear a mask in indoor public settings, regardless of vaccination status, if they live in areas where the spread of COVID-19 is substantial or high. COVID-19 vaccines continue to be the best defense against severe COVID-19 infection. Wearing a mask provides an additional layer of protection against the Delta variant and prevents the spread of COVID-19.
- County Health Officials Recommend Everyone Wear Masks Indoors. The Delta variant is spreading quickly, and COVID-19 hospitalizations among the unvaccinated are increasing. County health officials recommend that everyone wear masks indoors in public places, regardless of vaccination status. If you have not yet received a COVID-19 vaccine, now is the time to do so. Vaccines are very effective, free, and widely available to everyone 12 years and older. Click here to read the full press release (English, Spanish).
- New! Delta Variant Fact Sheet. The Delta variant is now the most common strain in the U.S. and has been found in Santa Cruz County. The Delta Variant is a concern because it spreads faster than other variants. COVID-19 vaccines are highly effective against the Delta and other known variants. Click here to view the full downloadable fact sheet in English and Spanish to share with your community members.
- New Information for Parents: School Reopening Resources. The California Department of Public Health has published new information for parents, explaining the science behind safely reopening schools this fall. Available in English and Spanish. Parents can also view answers to Frequently Asked Questions (English, Spanish), as well as the CA Safe Schools Parent Page (English, Spanish) for additional safety information.
- U.S. Surgeon General Issues Health Misinformation Advisory. Misinformation is harmful to individual and public health. It has caused confusion and led people to decline COVID-19 vaccines, reject public health measures such as masking and physical distancing, and use unproven treatments. Slowing the spread of health misinformation will help us all make more informed decisions about our health. Click here to view the full advisory and learn more about what we can all do to address health misinformation.
COVID-19 Vaccine Updates
- COVID-19 Vaccination Calendar Now Available. If you haven’t been vaccinated, now is the time to do so. Visit the County’s COVID-19 Vaccine webpage for a calendar list of upcoming vaccination clinics happening throughout Santa Cruz County. The calendar will be updated regularly as more vaccine clinics are scheduled.
For further information regarding any of the vaccine clinics, please contact hsac19VaccineClinics@santacruzcounty.us or call 831-454-4242, Mon.-Fri. 8:00am-5:00pm
COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
- New Fact Sheet: Busting Vaccine Myths. The California Department of Public Health has produced a new fact sheet identifying and addressing common misconceptions about the COVID-19 vaccines. The fact sheet is available in both English and Spanish. Visit CDPH’s Vaccine Webpage for additional fact sheets to help you decide which vaccine is right for you.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Fliers Available for Download. Visit the Signs and Media Library for downloadable state and local COVID-19 vaccine resources to share with your community members. Including
- Updated! It’s Important to Get Your Second Dose of the COVID-19 Vaccine (English, Spanish)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions (English, Spanish)
- Facts About the COVID-19 Vaccine (English, Spanish)
- COVID-19 Vaccination: What to Expect (English, Spanish), and
- Building Vaccine Confidence: Communication Tips for Healthcare Providers (English)
- Get a Digital Copy of Your Vaccination Record. Now you can show digital proof of your vaccination. If you were vaccinated in California, go to Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record and enter your information to access it.
- Employer Vaccination Toolkit Available to Support Vaccine Access. Employers interested in supporting their employees with getting vaccinated can visit the State’s Employer Vaccination Toolkit. The toolkit provides information about partnering with local providers, requesting a worksite mobile clinic, as well as other best practices to promote COVID-19 vaccines. To set up a clinic through the County, employers can email HSAC19vaccineclinics@santacruzcounty.us. Businesses must provide the organization name, contact information, and number of people it employs.
General Covid-19 Information
Visit the Public Health Coronavirus Website, including the Signs and Media Library, Employer Webpage, and Informacion en Espanol, for the latest information, updates, and guidance related to COVID-19. Follow us on social media: Visit Santa Cruz County Public Health on Facebook and Instagram for daily updates.
New COVID-19 guide
COVID-19 Testing Sites
Health Services Agency COVID-19 Information & Updates
Save Lives Santa Cruz County
COVID-19 United Way Resource Page
COVID-19 Information for Employers